Historic Spring Restoration
- 8 story-boards with accompanying educational signage covering the history of the area. Signage to include QR code links to additional information.
- Construction materials featuring native stone and Civilian Conservation Corps-style architecture
- Full handicap accessibility
- Linkage to park and community center
- New 1,600 square foot interpretive / education center with significant parking access
- New artificial outflow into area above current spring location creating waterfall at spring
- New expandable parking lots with parking for more than 140 vehicles
- New pedestrian bridges themed to site and emergency vehicle capable
- Observation decks overlooking the spring and artificial outflows
- Partial demolition of dam to allow spring to reach natural levels
- Plaza seating for more than 1,000 people with full electrical hookups and performance stage
- Significant thinning of vegetation for visibility, appeal, and safety
- Widened trail with security lighting and emergency vehicle access
Thank you to the following partners:
Union Pacific Foundation
Permian Basin Area Foundation
Big Spring High School Class of 1967
Big Spring High School Class of 1955 and 1957
Keep Big Spring Beautiful.
Without your help and contributions this project would not be possible.