The Historic Spring
The Big Spring CVB is very happy to announce that we have partnered up with KDC Associates to bring the city's namesake, The Historic Spring, a much needed restoration.
- Plaza seating for 1,000+ with full electrical hookups and performance stage.
- Widened trail with security lighting and emergency vehicle access.
- 8 story-boards with accompanying educational signage covering the history of the area. Signage to include QR code links to additional information.
- 16 low-maintenance planting areas with 16 specimen trees...1 for each decade since the Marcy Expedition.
- Observation decks overlooking the spring and artificial outflows.
- Significant thinning of vegetation for visibility, appeal, and safety.
- New 1,600 s.f. interpretive/education center with significant parking access.
- New artificial outflow into area above current spring location creating waterfall at spring.
- New pedestrian bridges themed to site and emergency vehicle capable.
- Full handicap accessibility.
- Construction materials featuring native stone and CCC-style architecture.
- Partial demolition of dam to allow spring to reach natural levels.
- New expandable parking lots with parking for 140+ vehicles.
- Linkage to park and community center.